Recipe courtesy of Better Homes and Gardens
Wow the crowd this new year’s eve by whipping up a batch of these little crowd-pleasers that offer delight in every delectable bite. Make a batch with chilli jam for a taste sensation.
Roast tomato, goat’s cheese and caramelised onion quiches
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
12 vine-ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried Italian herbs
Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
3 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust or puff pastry, partially thawed
1 Tbsp pure cream
1 Tbsp finely grated parmesan|
¹⁄³ cup caramelised onion chutney
50g goat’s cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 190°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Put tomato on prepared tray and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with herbs and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes or until skins start to break. Set aside.
3. Using a 7cm round cutter, cut 24 rounds from pastry. Press into holes of a non-stick 24-hole mini muffin tin.
4. Put eggs, cream and parmesan in a large bowl. Whisk until well combined and smooth. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
5. Spoon chutney evenly into each pastry case. Carefully pour in egg mixture until pastry cases are three-quarters full. Top each with roasted tomato and a little of the goat’s cheese.
6. Bake quiches for 15 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is golden and set. Set aside to cool in tin for 5 minutes. Serve.
Dish up your cocktail bites in style with these gorgeous kitchenware must-haves from Domayne:Top from left: White Spots Placemat, Porto Oval Platter, Santamarta Serving Knife
Bottom: Verona Pitcher, Java Onion Sack, Gilford Double Tier Cake Stand